Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cleanse

I finished the cleanse! Yesterday was my last day of the juices and today is my first day of transition back into "normal" food. By normal I'm sincerely meaning a much cleaner/healthier menu selections and days filled with exercise. The career I have chosen demands I be in tip top shape and my wedding just four months away really has me motivated to change my life.

The prep days were more difficult than I anticipated and severely harder than the actual days of juice on the cleanse. I sticked to the same menu choices I had already made for myself, but I found myself very uncomfortable. Around 3:00pm I got really tired. In fact, the second day of the prep I had to take a nap. On the 3rd day of the prep my digestion system was having problems with only salads, hummus, guac, veggie broth, and veggies. By the end of the 3rd day of the prep I wasn't sure I was going to be up for this.

To my surprise my system felt relief when I started juicing. I'm still not entirely sure I did the prep and the transition out correctly because I felt amazing on the juice. First of all, having meals on the go that are good for you is a blessing. I was never hungry. In fact, I sat at restaurants with friends and didn't crave eating. The last juice of the day is a cashew milk, and it's very filling. I sat at a pool table on the 2nd night and forgot for a second I was juicing. I thought, "What did I eat tonight that I feel so full." It was amazing. I never had to think about what I was going to have for meals and snacks. This cleared up space in my brain to think about school, work, wedding and musical theater. I rested better than I can remember. I woke up in the morning NOT feeling tired. I couldn't believe it. By the 3rd day I started to think maybe I could work out. I had been advised to listen to my body because I could feel tired or perhaps week in which case working out would be a bad idea. I felt great both days and it was the last day of juicing so I thought what the heck. I happened to chose a very tough class offered this summer through school called "Total Body Workout." The first time I went, a few weeks ago, I thought I was going to puke. Not yesterday. The class was very difficult, but I got through it. I hadn't worked out since before I left for Vegas over memorial day weekend. It had been two weeks. I felt very proud of myself for finishing that class well given that I had been on a strict diet, juiced, and had taken two weeks off to focus on food. I even woke up today not feeling as sore as I thought I was going to feel.

I woke up this morning filled with pride for completing this dieting task that I have been working on for the past twentyish days. I still have a ways to go with my exercise to finish getting into tip top shape, but I feel great about where I am at with my eating. Tomorrow finally came....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beverley Viljoen said...

Paul! check out.....
www.blueprintcleanse.com

That's where I got it.