Friday, June 10, 2011

Cleanse Prep

Dieting is hard. I mean really hard. Especially when you're sitting around a table with four fabulous girls in a really quaint restaurant in Greenwich Village and all you really want is to eat a one of the french fries sitting on the plate of your girl friends.

Yeah, I know how you feel. That was me last night, and I gave in. I ate a very tasty little french fry! Luckily, I was able to stop myself and not eat the entire plate because it did taste like a salt lick. I have to praise every accomplishment because the old me would have eaten every french fry on that plate. I probably would have licked the rest of the salt on the plate. New me - only ate a couple.

I walked out of the restaurant feeling proud and defeated at the same time. On the one hand, I felt like an addict. Everything inside of me was telling me not to eat it, but my physical salivating reaction said EAT IT! I gave in. On the other hand, I managed to just have a taste and walk away. In the past, if I cheated, I'd just eat whatever I wanted for the rest of the day including french fries, sweet treats and big portions of them both. I also felt ok because yesterday was the last day that I could cheat because I'm starting my juice cleanse on Monday. Thus, today was the first day of the prep day with no cheats allowed.

For breakfast I had a grapefruit.

Then for lunch I had a Lara Bar and some fruit.

Dinner I had some guacamole with corn tortillas and boiled artichokes.

Simple and small raw food meals is how to prep for the cleanse. Earlier this week I gave up the rest of dairy, coffee and meat. I switched to decaf and added almond milk. Then I stopped eating chicken and turkey replacing it with eggs. Then yesterday I stopped eating eggs. Now, I just have to eat cleanly like that for the next two days and Monday I start the juicing. I'm a little nervous about it, but excited at the same time!

1 comment:

Katy said...

I am amazed by anyone who can stick to any huge diet change! I'm too picky to do it. Although, I'm a vegetarian and I guess that's a hugely different diet than most to begin with. But it's easy for me because I never gave anything up that I wanted to eat. (Hi friend!!)