Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm Sad California.

I've been mum on religion and politics because it really torments me. I have really strong opinions on what I believe to be right, and I'm well aware that my morality is based in Christianity. Yet, I have to say this because it's eating me up inside.

I have to believe that at the end of the day we all want the same thing: peace, love, respect and equality.

I have read many articles apposing Prop 8 and in support of Prop 8, and I've seen and heard the hateful mantras and actions coming from both sides and it sickens me. I'm watching relationships deteriorate before my eyes based on these differences, and it's taking everything in me to remain as open minded as possible, but please explain to me California why Prop 8 passed?

I don't understand.

I'm thrilled to see that our nation is ready for a radical change, but outraged to see that we can not look past our differences and see what is right for our fellow human beings.

It tears me up watching my friends fight an uphill battle towards a fundamental freedom, and I hope and pray that one day we will all stand together in acceptance.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Thank you for all your love and support. As you told me all those years ago when I first realized I was falling in love with Pam, "You fall in love with people, not body parts."

So true, and so sad that so many people can't understand such a simple truth.