Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Week 2 Day 2

I thought that today was going to be lucky because I thought had a temp job lined up, but alas, I did not. I have been spending most my of my days designing and developing my acting portfolio, which yes hopefully there will some media there. If I find the time in my "busy" schedule to actually record.

It's amazing to me really truly how quickly it is to fill time. Searching for a temporary position is a full time job, and my no means do I mess around. I wake up at 7am drink a cup of coffee and apply to jobs until at least 11:00am. Then things start to slow down. I can work on my portofolio, or work on some of the freelancing gigs that have come up. Then all of a sudden it's 2pm, and I start to feel a little bored, and so I put some laundry away or try and cancel tivo, and then it's 4:30pm. Yesterday at 4:30pm I went to a voice lesson and now today I am here with you - hoping that I won't be doing the same thing tomorrow, but full well knowing that it's exactly what I'm going to be doing.

It's ok because I am not wasting my time. I do not wake up and watch tv all day. I'm working on my website re-design and I want it to look awesome. So, that's what I'm doing - making it look awesome. I got the frame work of the simple design laid out, and now I want to build some of the more complex items of the website. I want the gallery to look pretty amazing, and I am going to make myself learn some PHP code so that I can make the website be more dynamic than just informational.

In between working on the websites and looking for work - I am keeping pretty busy. At least, I'm trying to.

No comments: