Thursday, September 11, 2008

Out with the Old in with the NEW

You'd think with more available time I would be addicted to writing like a crazy person. Yet, what did you want me to talk about? How my life got complicated and the very next day I got laid off from work 4 months before my plan to move to NYC?

Ok, sure, I'll pretend for a split second that you have an interest in empathizing with me for a moment, but really you're thinking thank God I still have a job and my love life is fantastic! :)

I'm just kidding - forgive the negative bitter taste to my conversation. The stress of moving out of my wonderful happy apartment and frantically trying to figure out how to feed my mouth and save money for the next few months has been getting to me. I've put everything on the back burner except trying to figure out my livelihood.

I should get used to this. I'm trying to think of this as a sign because this is what my life is going to be like in NYC. Frantic, hectic, jumping from job to job. Not knowing what is going to come next, and I'm trying to embrace this change and find the comfort in the uncomfortable. I had a feeling that my job was going to get outsourced, but I had hoped that it would last until January.

In addition to the unwanted stress, my show Patient A is opening tomorrow night. With all this negative energy surrounding me, I didn't get a chance to really talk about the process. My mine has been defocused. I'm in rehearsal and I figure it out in rehearsal. Then it stays in rehearsal. I haven't had much time to really figure out and analyze the process of the show. I have loved working with my fellow talented actors and with the director who offered a lot of insight to this gem of a show.

The line memorizing!! SO MANY LINES. I mean lines lines lines. Huge speeches about a life that you must convey is/was your own. Speak as if it is the first time you're saying this story. It's very difficult!! Acting is hard and the market is over populated. Yet, I am moving to NYC. I can't give it up - not yet at least.

No comments: