Friday, August 29, 2008

Do I Hear A Waltz?

Let go of perfection and strive for excellence, says my good friend to me earlier this week when discussing the events of my callback for “Do I Hear A Waltz.”

I personally did not do a great job at callbacks mostly because of my lack of confidence, and lack of preparation. So, that creates a lot a lot of nerves. I’m full of clichés today, but that’s ok because I have to drill this stuff into my brain somehow. I didn’t feel like I knew the music solidly enough to perform it. So, now I need to figure out how I can curb my nerves even in those situations. However, if the director says, “Are you nervous?” THAT IS NOT A GOOD THING.

Let go of perfection and strive for excellence, and remember the most important thing is to just have fun! Sometimes it’s easy to forget. Just have fun. Fun Fun FUN! This is why I do this because I want to have fun! I want to have fun! Anyway, it was great to see some familiar faces, and I am incredibly lucky to be working on such an awesome show! Go out with a bang before you make the move! Well, there is one more show that I’m holding out for, and after that I’ll make the move. I’m excited and freaked all at the same time. Mostly I’m excited.

1 comment:

Jonathan Beckett said...

After finally watching "High School Musical" with our eldest the other night (we have been keeping away from it on purpose), I actually know what callbacks are now - so can talk all knowledgeably on your blog for once :)

... except I just mentioned that my entire knowledge of musical productions is based on High School Musical... errrr....