Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'm done.

I’m done. I’m done. I’m done.

Yesterday, I finished the procrastinating project, and it took an entire evening to come down from that stressful few days. I still have a lot to do, but at least it feels more manageable! Kinko’s, however, you are rivaling with Target in my disdain for lack of customer support!

Part of the stressful project entailed a huge amount of scanning pictures! Sure! No problem, but my resource, I discovered too late, only scanned in black and white. Crap! I’ll buy my own scanner, no, I’ll go to Kinko’s!!!!

I left work, and started walking to a Kinko’s located about ten minutes away. On my way there, I found a closer Kinko’s. I walked in and I stood at the counter, and waited, and waited, and waited and I waited. The guy behind the counter looked at me, and he kept looking at me. Then he kept ho-humming on his computer. I then hit the little bell incessantly while saying, very loudly, “How long does a person have to stand here making eye contact with you before you step away from solitaire and help?”

Ok, so I didn’t really say that, but he came over to me, finally, and said, “Do you need some help?”

I replied, “No, you remind me of someone, and I’d like to just stand here and look at you.”

Ugh, I didn’t really say that either, but I soon learned that this particular Kinko’s did not have self service scanning. So, I had to continue on my way to the far away Kinko’s. By the way, it’s raining, and I don’t have an umbrella. So, I arrived at the far away Kinks, and I asked for the self-service scanning.

Yeah right, sista ~ it’s broken. This know-it- all rep, at least, was much more helpful then the other counter rep, and he called the even farther away location for me to make sure they had the scanners over there before I hauled my cookies all the way over there.

What fortune! They do, and Kinko’s in the financial district functions like Starbucks. Thus, there is one at almost every street corner! After 30 minutes of scanning, 12 dollars later and drenched in the rain, I finished the scanning project! Whew!

Now with that project checked off the list, I managed to put away all my laundry and work on my monologue. Thankfully, my mood has vastly improved! This is also due to the fact that I am so jamming out to the new Hanson 10 year anniversary Middle of Nowhere Acoustic CD that I got yesterday for Christmas!

Who can seriously be in a bad mood and listen to Hanson? Not ME! It is part of the reason I love them so much. Please remind me of this the next time I get like this.

1 comment:

Jonathan Beckett said...

We don't have Kinkos in the UK. My cousin lives in San Rafael, so often finds herself in the city and mentions Kinkos.

Just trying to think if we have an equivalent? I'm not so sure that we do you know... everybody is kind of expected to have the hardware here - or you sometimes get privately owned copy shops.

I love SF btw - been several times while visiting family. Probably my favourite city (in a total "grass is greener kind of way")