Friday, January 11, 2008

The Doctor.

I loathe, detest, hate and dread the doctors. ANY doctors, dentist, gyno, general practitioner, dermatologist – name it: I avoid it.

I put of my annuals until the VERY last second. So far as to say, I call in a million and one favors to all my doctor friends begging and pleading to re-fill my baby stoppers for me. Well, my drugs are getting too expensive and I’m experience an unusual pain that I figured must not be dismissed, so I scheduled an annual. However, my insurance has recently changed to sucksnet Healthnet and I needed to get a new doctor.

ONLY ONE DOCTOR in my area that is covered, and they managed to fit me in three days later. - My first concern.

I arrived at the doctors office, only to discover, that the office itself was at the end of a long damask and broken down hallway that smelled of old body oder. Run –run faraway Beverley. Alas, I walked into the empty waiting room, and proceeded to fill out all the necessary paper work required for an examine. This also entails a urine sample. Ugh, fine, sure whatever…. She says, “The bathroom is located all the way down at the end of the hall past the elevators.”

Are.you.freaking.kidding.me.

Do you know what she is asking me to do? I have to go to the PUBLIC restroom pee in a cup, and then CARRY IT BACK to the office…. past the elevators….. where everyone can see me? Oh, please don’t mind me… I’m just washing my hands here, and yes that is a cup full of … sitting on the sink.

Ew.Ew.Ew.Ew.Ew.

Can you believe how disgusting that is? It’s so vile. My stomach still turns still thinking about it. I almost walked out right there, but I HAD TO GO to the doctor. It turns out that he was very nice, funny and I actually really liked him a lot. But seriously, get a bathroom inside the office.

2 comments:

ashley said...

Forget the other people...what about holding that warm cup?!?!?!

Jonathan Beckett said...

hehehe - I was about to mention the warm cup, but somebody beat me to it :)

I would normally shout "get over yourself", but can identify with your feelings a little. In my case, I of course couldn't "go", so went home. Ten minutes later of course my body decided it was time - so I had to walk the ten minutes back to the surgery with the nice warm cup in my pocket :)