Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Holiday Party

Growing up, the very thought of Christmas brought me to a type of ecstatic energy that had my parents peeling my sister and me off the walls. The Christmas cabbage patch tape started playing in September, and the holidays were filled with incrediable food, wonderful company, and days off school.

Now, the holidays are filled with shopping, travel, figuring out what gifts to buy, how much money to spend on each person, holiday dress shopping and not gaining any more weight. (Please read as: stress, stress, stress, stress, stress and stress).

Luckily, I got off the hook on the holiday dress shopping part this year. Pasha’s Christmas party was at the ballpark this year, and there were MANY MANY different rooms and types of activities to participate in. Plus, I got to dress in jeans and a nice top with a warm jacket. This did prove to be a little bit of a problem, when we decided to go inside and dance like crazy. Ice skating at the ball park was a highlight along with the multiple fire pits for smores made the evening a fun filled holiday party that is now behind me. Only 363 days till the next one.

1 comment:

Jonathan Beckett said...

My memories of Christmas are similar to yours - as are recent recollections of stress too.

Somehow it feels like this Christmas isn't happening in our house - everything is tilted towards the new year, and christmases to come...