Sunday, November 4, 2007

Wedding Land Part 2

I got the church yesterday afternoon at 3:00pm, as planned, and I discovered that I was supposed to provide the accompaniment for the organist. Wha?!? The selected songs were given to me by the couple, and all I had was a make shift piece of paper with the melody printed out sort-of... uh oh. The organist decided that this was a perfect time to lecture me on being a soloist. I begged him to please make-do with this piece of paper that I had, and he refused. Panicked, I decided to practice the first song. The acoustics in the church made the singing better than usual, but I had the scariest seat in the house. This was my view:

It was great! Except, I was up above the alter, and I saw the entire congregation... yes, that was nerve racking. Plus, these people were friends... you want to do a good job for them.

Anyway, after we practiced the first song. He decided that I could sing the second song a cappella. Ugh! This man has played the organ for this church for almost 20 years, and has played 18 weddings in one year. You would think that his disgruntled self would muster up the creative piano-playing juice I know he has to invent a chord progression for a not so hard piece. Yeah, no. He wouldn't. Then! on top of that...the wedding planner said, "Can you play something to hide their walking?" He said, "sure." Then he proceeded to play the first verse and chorus of the song..that I was to follow singing a cappella. Jerk.

It turned out fine. I loved it and the whole event turned out to be really really beautiful. We went to the top of the Bank of America building for the reception. We saw the sun set behind the city, and it was something to write home about. I tell ya. It's nice to take a step back from all the "problems" in life, and take in the gorgeous surroundings. I do feel very blessed to live in such a beautiful place.

Then Pasha and I spent the morning with the Bride and Groom and the rest of the out of towners and wedding party this morning at a beautiful brunch. The whole weekend was truly spectacular, and I was so thrilled to be part of such an amazing wedding for two incredible people.

So, things with Pash are ok. He is going to the hanson concert with me tomorrow. This is going to be interesting. I pray pray pray that it will be ok, but if he hates it...he can always leave. Hanson is actually very good, and VERY talented. I think they are so amazing! I am very much looking forward to this spectacular evening.
I'll tell you all about it on Tuesday. I'll tell you more about Pash later. I'm feeling a little drained, and I want a nap.

No comments: