Thursday, November 8, 2007

Girls Night Out!

The calm after the storm seems to be setting in, and I’m floating along in peace with my eyes barley open. Sure, I’m still anxious about what I’m making for Thanksgiving and how I’m going to say no to my friends, but the constant worry momentarily subsided.

Last night I partook in a surprise girl’s night out. I had no idea what to expect, and the extravagant experienced wowed me. All four of us gathered at a friend’s house around 6pm, and we hit the town. We started at this incredible restaurant called First Crush. GO THERE! The food was amazing, and worth every penny. Plus, it’s great for dates!

After dinner we went and saw The Color Purple.

I’m a performer, and I hate clapping….my hands always hurt…so I just sort of sit there, and I kind of stomp my foot…sometimes. I do make a vocal noise....doesn’t that count? Ok, you’re right, it’s kinda rude, but seriously, my hands hurt. Plus, 90 percent of the time I am in the back. They can’t seem me anyways.

I stood for this production.

The score is absolutely outstanding, and brought me to tears. (yes, I’ve established that this is not hard to do…yet, I did stand, and for someone who doesn’t even clap!~ C’mon…at least give me that.) Michelle Williams, from Destiny’s Child starred along with American Idol’s LaToya London, and the show-stopping talent Jeannette Bayardelle. She commanded the stage with her astounding voice. I can’t get it out of my head. My companions enjoyed the production as much as I did, but they did not have the same experience.

I have tunnel vision.

It’s a blessing or a curse, depending on how you look at. Sometimes, I find myself behind the cars that have the TV's pulled down for the people in the back seat. Yeah, I HAVE to move over into another lane because it is an accident waiting to happen for me. I gaze into the TV, and think...oooo what's on? So, when the show was on, I completely blocked out the annoying three girls that ruined everyone’s time. Apparently, I missed the kicking, the giggling, the “OMG~! He’s like soooo hot”, but I did not miss the fact that they got to their seats late first act AND second act. I mean really!!!! We are at the ORPHEIUM…don’t they refuse to let people in if they are late? No. They don’t.

Overall, the whole night production left me speechless….until I wrote this post.

No comments: