Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ugh. I can't think

Pasha and I have not talked yet. He called on Sunday to "collect all the facts", and he called last night to "schedule an appointment" to "talk" I HATE THOSE WORDS - ANY FORM OF THEM.

"I think we should talk"
"I need to talk to you"
"We should probably talk"

I mean he's all about not lying...so he should say:

"I think we should break up."
"I need to break up with you"
"We should probably break up"

Isn't that what you hear?

Anyway, I'll tell you what happened. I will, but right now I should probably wait till we "talk."
Ugh.

It's really hard to function when you're staying at heartbreak hotel. I've been hanging out in my grotesque apartment. I mean seriously, I really should stop lying in my pile of dirty clothing, and get on the ball. Luckily, I have had some distraction. I go to rehearsal, and I watch House. I've already finished The Office. So, it's House now, and his arrogant jerkness makes me feel better. I'm living vicariously through him. Sure, I'm not doing biopsies on cats, and I'm not saving people's lives PER SE. I am, however, laughing at funny things I don't have to think about.

For example, today, I got an email from a man with the last name "Potter" hee hee. He was asking me to send him over a fax. So, I sent the fax, picked up the phone, called him and I said,
"Well, Potter. What do you have to say for yourself?" (read that as: Hello Mr. Potter, I sent over the fax did you receive it?)

"Thanks Beverley, I did get the fax."

"Is there anything else you need Potter?" hee hee... (Mr. Potter)

"Nope. Quiddich it is." (Thanks, I'll call you if I need anything else.)

Come on. If you were talking to a guy named Potter...wouldn't you chuckle a little? I'm sorry, my humor has been sucked out of me.

1 comment:

Jonathan Beckett said...

You're forgetting - England is the land of stupid names. Neville. Cuthbert. Nigel.

America has a lot to answer for though... "Britney".