Monday, October 1, 2007

Love is in the Air in San Francisco

Monday’s are starting to feel like a time warp because of the incredible fun that happens over the weekend! This weekend out turned out to be no exception, but this week is going to be overloaded with rehearsal.

When Pasha and I first met, our third date was San Francisco’s love parade. The love parade is basically an outside rave with 25 different floats each playing a different type of electronic music, and they parade down Market Street till they get to the Civic Center. Once at the Civic Center, they park their floats all around for the entire day until their perspective “after-parties.”

Pasha LOVES drum and base. My just-stepped-off-the-gap-poster-never-done-a-single-“bad-boy”-type-
of-thing-or-even-smoked-a-cigerette boyfriend can dance ALL NIGHT LONG to drum and base. He LOVES it. I completely understand the correlation between Dave Matthews and Seal to drum and base? He’s cute with an eclectic taste in music.

My favorite band is Hanson.

So, the Love Parade has never quite been my “thing,” but I go for him because I love him, and because of the company, it turns out to be a good time. Plus, the event is starting to become nostalgic because we have gone together for three years in a row.

The first year we went with Liz danced all day, and then Liz and I went to the Green Day concert with Ashley.

The second year, I went with just Pasha and I ended up loosing my brand new camera in cab. (That sucked).

This year I went with just Pasha, and I remembered to bring my camera (in a purse this time), but I LEFT THE BATTERY OUT OF THE CAMERA. One of these days I am going to loose my head!

The weather was absolutely gorgeous. I could not get over how warm it was in San Francisco. For some reason, the love parade is always on a day with excellent weather. I also forgot how many *T.A.P.’s I was going to see. I think I was so awe struck with Pasha the first two years that I completely forgot how many T.A.P’s I was going to see. I mean REALLY! Of course, all of the naked men running around were over the age of 55, and although it might be attractive to some, I was really disgusted. I mean all the women running around looked like models in their 20’s. WHY couldn’t the competition be fair?! I couldn’t even find ONE dude that compared to the eye candy he was obviously trying to avoid by focusing solely on me. I appreciate him trying because it was hard for me to divert my eyes.

This was just one event in the fun-filled weekend that included The Office Season 3, Mac and Cheese, Film in the Fog showing Creature of the Blue Lagoon, Wine and cheese, Liverpoolils, Downtown shopping, and Dinner at Chevy’s for Ash’s birthday.

*Please email me for clarification of T.A.P’s

1 comment:

Jonathan Beckett said...

See - now my ears pricked up when you mentioned Green Day - they are a proper band :)