Monday, October 8, 2007

Brokenhearts

7:00 am came very early this dark and dreary Monday morning in October. How can a Monday compare to another weekend jam packed with fun filled events? It can’t.

I had been dreading Friday October 5th for quite sometime, but I am very pleased to report -it went off with out a hitch. Having an extremely friendly audience made up of mine and Gianni’s perspective friends, helped ease my nerves. Gianni started off with “Black Coffee”, which I followed with a rendition of Charlie Chaplin’s “Smile.” The sound system was very difficult to get used to. I could hear a metallic and brassy sound coming through the mic, so, I tried to compensate, and my sound became un-focused and breathy. This was quickly rectified when we sang “Two Lost Souls,” which I followed with Patsy Cline’s “Crazy.” Gianni’s rich baritone voice did justice to “Under appreciated,” and then the show-stopping moment for me was “I Know the Truth.” It was my favorite song to sing, and the crowd seemed to really enjoy it. Other crowd pleaser's included, “Don’t rain on my Parade”, “Heartbreak Hotel” and “Diamonds are Forever.” We ended the show with Destiny’s Child “Survivor,” which ended up being fun, although, I sounded shrill at times according to my bio chemist boyfriend.

I’m still coming down from the show. Although it was only one night, Gianni and I both put a lot of work into the production, and I am now only working on a Gala. It’s a lot to come down from, but I defiantly could use the break. I just don’t know what I am going to do with my time!

1 comment:

Jonathan Beckett said...

Congratulations with the show! I'm wondering not what would be involved in getting a recording of you onto youtube or something to post on your blog :)