Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Honey I'm home...

…and I’m running like a mad woman. Already? It’s Wednesday. Yikes.

Tahoe was such a good time. After I posted on Friday, I realized that I in addition to forgetting my camera, I forgot my bathing suite. So, I had to go back for the suite, and I managed to remember to pick up my camera. TOO BAD I didn’t remember to CHARGE the battery for the camera. Oh Beverley! I did manage to get ONE good picture in, which I can’t share until the next blog post because I forgot my camera. What a shocker! 

Despite the six hour drive in bumper to bumper traffic, Pash and I arrived in time for drinks at the would-be-lodge in the winter time only to enjoy the sounds of the wonderful Luke Stevenson. He really didn’t look like a Luke, he should have been named Chuck. He sang a few of his favorite tunes quite well, and over and over and over again. The music was easily drowned out by the view of the lake while sitting by a bon fire with a glass of the best merlot I have ever had in my life in hand.

It was very relaxing, even staying in a 5 bedroom house with three bathrooms and 18 people. I know it sounds crazy, but it was fun and I still managed to get full nights sleep all three nights we stayed there.

The wedding itself was beautiful. It was your standard Catholic ceremony in a very beautiful church. You had to get past the loud motorcycles at times, and the crazy pianist who made the poor gorgeous singer sound AWFUL, but the very site of the groom laying eyes on his bride was so moving the rest was all forgotten!

The reception was incredible wonderful. It was right next to the lodge that we played at the night before, and the sun setting behind the lake was a view to die for. All the speeches were amazing, along with the food, and the abundance of alcohol made for an interesting night for some guests. Not for me, but for some other guests. For some reason, I ALWAYS wind up being a part of the most embarrassing part of the event. This trip was no exception. I got suckered into the middle of a circle that was made up of the ENTIRE WEDDINGS GUEST LIST, and swung around by a drunken man with one arm. Yeah. Everyone talked about that the rest of the weekend. It was pretty harmless, but still scary for me.

The next day we went on this amazing hike and swam in CLEAR water. I had to deal a little with the single guy’s syndrome that Pasha loves to be a part of at times. Sometimes I wonder…hello! Do you notice me?!? I’m standing right here did you really have to say that? I still did not let that get to me, and I enjoyed the rest of the amazing weather and weekend.

Can I go back? Now?


How about now?

Nope, I remain here in my cube working on the beauty of contracts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thats sounds like so much fun! it's great to get away once in a while.