Thursday, September 6, 2007

MMMbopped straight to my heart

HANSON IS COMING TO TOWN!!!! I can hardly contain myself with all the excitement that I feel at this very moment. I think that I need to take dancing* breaks as I write this blog. There are three big things that concern me about the fact that they are coming. 1) I have rehearsal on the day that they will be here. This is Monday, November 5th. 2) I will drop out of the show if they don’t let me go to see this concert. 3) I have tickets to see a concert on November 6th to see Maroon 5. (I also have rehearsal.) There is no way that I can miss TWO days of rehearsal…especially since we open nov. 16th… What do I do? I’m DEFINATLY going to see Hanson, but I can not just up and tell my friend that I’m not going to see a concert that I was already going to see with her, but it’s HANSON!!!! They are only my all time favorite band since I was the mere age of 15. We are talking 10 years of dedication here… a true Fanson (Hanson fan) at heart. Should I seriously ask for TWO days off of rehearsal the week before we open? Please advise. (keep in mind that I’m a Fanson.)

I’m going to the Hanson concert. It’s already done. I am going to have to prepare for it… it’s going to be really overwhelming. Have you ever met a Fanson? I mean they are CRAZY. Most of the Hanson fans are older than you think because they have grown up with Hanson. So now they are in their 20s and 30s and FIERCE. I stood in line for a Hanson concert in Los Angeles from 6am in the morning until the concert at 8pm at night along with 700 other Fansons. These people do not have any issues with personal space and personal health for that matter. I mean people in the front were so smooshed from the pushing and shoving that they were passing out. Security guards were coming from who knows where and picking up these passed out 20 year olds. I would be devastated if I had waited in line for more than 12 hours only to be carried out for the concert.

So, standing in line for 12 hours, I’ll never do that again cause it was just a waste of time. However, I do have to practice standing for long periods of time because I’ll get into the line around 30 min before the line starts moving into the Fillmore venue, and then I have to stand around “holding” my space for 30 min before the concert starts. Then I have to stand and listen to the opening, and finally at 9pm.. Hanson will come on. I have to make sure that my legs aren’t tired because they are usually dying the time the headliner comes onto the stage. Not to mention I will have to deal with pushy Fansons…so I have to make sure that my elbows are sharp and exercised.

Wow. I am so excited.

*dancing: defined as jumping up and down in a spastic manor

No comments: