Friday, August 24, 2007

This Weekend.

I think I have an addictive personality that battles with the ADD side of me. Each month I have a new “project” that I am going to do. I am GOING to follow through with it, and continue to do it. Then the next month….it’s something else. Ha. Last month it was reading. In one month I read, Time Travelers Wife, The Namesake, Kite Runner, Water for Elephants, Kane and Able and Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows. That is a lot of reading for one month. Then Cinderella took over my life. Now I’m back to another “project,” which is blogging. I am going to blog in order to develop my writing skills, keep people in the know of ins and outs and because it is fun. However, do not be surprised when these entries are few and far between.

It’s the age old new years resolution conflict. I’m going to read more, work out more, loose weight, get a new job and move. All of the millions of things you say you’re going to do or really want to do, but never do. That’s my life.

I decided that I wanted to run more and work out more. So I joined a gym, got a personal trainer, bought all new work out cloths and running shoes, and then worked out for two weeks.

I decided that I wanted to play the guitar. I bought all of the books, took a couple of lessons, I learned all of the open chords and I even wrote a couple of songs. That is still the extent of my knowledge, and I took up this “project,” in 2001.

I have decided that I want to blog more… we’ll see how long that lasts. 

Oh I’m not all bark and no bite, but this little “project” list that keeps getting longer and longer makes me laugh.

It is 9:33am on Friday morning, and already I have had an eventful morning. I think this is a precursor to the weekend I am about to have. My little sister and her boyfriend are flying in from Florida tonight at 11:40pm, and taking a shuttle to my place to wait for me. This is exciting. My Dad is flying in tomorrow morning, and then my other little sister is coming on Saturday night. This is going to be eventful.

I woke up this morning and realized that I do not have enough towels. So, I had to do an emergency trip to the laundry machine this morning to wash the two towels that are hanging behind my door. Those towels are currently in the dryer right now, and I am sitting here at work. I hope that no one steals those towels (my laundry has actually been stolen before. My Hanson shirt was in there; I was very distraught) because I will not have time to buy new towels, and I am not exactly interested in sharing.

No comments: