Thursday, August 23, 2007

My year summation

I guess I feel like "blogging" is kind of like that infamous Christmas letter. You know, the one where you send out the "update" of all the things that have been going on in the family's life, coincidently, its all the GOOD and ACCOMPLISHED things going on in the family's life. Nevertheless, people seem to complain about how they got another "update." I've even heard radio shows talk about "why do people send out those damn Christmas letters?" Well, I happen to ENJOY the Christmas letter because I am nosey. I want to know what is going on in everyone's life for one reason or another. I want to know how people have managed to get to their successful accomplishments, or I want to know what to avoid. In addition, I do not MAKE people come and read this blog. I suppose you can either take it or leave it unlike the Christmas letter.

So in the year that I have not blogged here is a quick summation of the important events that have happened in my life. I FINALLY, after a long two year battle, moved. I am still currently living in San Francisco in my own studio apartment, which I LOVE. I sadly found a new home for my cat, Fred. I left Cushman & Wakefield for a new thrilling administration job in Digital Media. At least it is in a field of interest for me, and I like it much better than real-estate.

Most importantly, I found a new incredible voice teacher that I am sososoosos happy to be singing with. After a year hiatus, I am back in the performing field, and I am slowly but surly moving my way up. Along the way, I have met some incredibly wonderful, thoughtful and talented people. I have been working in different companies and having vastly different experiences. I'm feeling energized to be performing, thus, making the 8-5 monotonous life-style work is extremely hard at times. However, I do not yearn for the bohemian lifestyle. I'm just confused. I suppose for now, I just want to sing and fake dance until I "figure" it out. What matters to me most now is that I have found a teacher that I love to sing with, and that I have started to develop a dynamic that is working for me. I'm being cast...even if it is chorus…it's better than what was happening before, which was nothing. I even got cast as an understudy, and I got to go on for the run of the show. Hopefully, it'll be a snowball effect.

Cinderella is closing this weekend. I am sad. I am going to miss all of the really awesome people that I have met. The cast has been so supportive, and so fun! Hopefully, we'll get to work together again soon! On the upside, my dad and two sisters are coming out. I am very excited about that. Jackie hasn't come out to California since February 2 years ago. Nora came out for my college graduation, and I am just excited to have them stay in my own place. I miss them very much.

No comments: