Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bye Bye Bye 2008 you were Great

One of the many benefits of documenting life online is being able to hold myself accountable for goals and "New Year Resolutions." They really should just be called January resolutions because throughout the year life gets in the way and changes things, but I'll remain positive. Let's look at the goals for 2008.

I'd like to blog/write more this year, and become more skilled at the art.

Ok. So I wrote more than 2007, but did it become a more skilled art? Perhaps? There is no measure. Am I happy with this goal? Sure. I feel accomplished in this goal. Do I want to continue to pursue this goal? Sure. I have a feeling that I'll be writing A LOT in the coming months.


I'd like to get at least half of my equity points this year.


I must have been drunk when I wrote this. Better yet, I must have been drunk when I THOUGHT this. Ok, so I DIDN'T get half my equity points, but I did perform in four shows this year, which is HALF of what I did last year, but I did get larger roles this year. All positive. Plus, one of the shows was in an equity house. So, I didn't get half of my points, but this goal is unrealistic! So, do I feel like I failed? Nah. Performing wise this year was extremely successful.


Perhaps get married and have a baby. - I'm so joking...

Uuuuummmm.... I'm really speechless. I can't believe that I wrote this. Well, that isn't entirely true because I'm sure I thought it, but I actually documented it? Then I said - just kidding (not really). I don't really have anything to say about this "goal" except it's lame. My time will come.

So, my 2008 goals WERE LAME! Ok, I should be nice and not judge, but c'mon. Let's get real here those goals that were documented were LAME. How about some real goals for 2009, but here is the tricky thing: I want to set my expectations high as long as I don't beat myself up if I do not "accomplish." I set these goals to motivate myself to encourage myself to be the best me I want to be. With that said, "failure", I welcome you, but I will do my absolute best.

2009 Goals.

1) Get a job in New York.
This is probably more of a Jan. goal, but it's the heaviest thing on my mind right now. Work and audition.

2) Get cast in a show.
This is also heavy in my mind. I'm performing a lot in the bay area, and it's hard to leave the work. I hope and pray for opportunities in NYC.

3) Dance.
I love to dance, but it hasn't come easy. The goal is to get into as many dance classes as possible and become a little more solid in my ability. I'm not terrible, but I need to be more solid.

4) Stay (sigh the obvious one) in Shape.
I did ok during the holidays, but I won't have a gym in NYC at first. I hope to find a safe running regiment to maintain. I'm not sure I will be able to motivate myself. My PT here was amazing. It's true, I was lying on the floor of the gym this morning. I'm not exaggerating I was lying on the floor wanting to die!

6) Maintain my relationships new and old.

7) I'd like to work on my ability to communicate and say what is on my mind. Ask for what I want.

8) Start playing the piano and guitar regularly again.

9) Design, code and launch my website.
I have been putting this off because it feels so narcissistic. I will do it this year.

That's enough right? If I have more, I'll post it.

I'm just glad that this is the first year in three years that I have not brought with me a cold! Thanks exercise and rest!

No comments: