Saturday, November 15, 2008

What's the Line Again?

Argh!!! The second weekend of Waltz is not going as fantastically as I would like to report! I'm a hot mess on stage right now and my definition of hot should not be repeated incase people are eating breakfast while reading this post.

My husband got a sinus infection and we had to cut a song the night before last, and I miss his strength in all of the group songs. It's throwing me because last night I dropped a line "Grazie" and then THEN I sang the wrong line in one of the group songs. It didn't rhyme with F's line. It stuck out like a sore thumb! The funny part about - well, I can say it's funny now, even though, it was not funny at the time was that I didn't even say my line!! I said one of my husband's lines! I mean I got off stage and I said, "Please someone help me. I seem to have misplaced my brain."

Beverley. Get. It. Together.

It's really embarrassing. I don't want people to come to this show knowing that I can't get it together.

On another note, I've told you that audiences don't like me right? SO strange to get used to! I'm not saying that I should be loved and adored by all, but when I read the character off the page, I did not find her to be unlikeable. Who hates the dumb people?
I guess she is a little stuck up and highly aggravating, but not likable? I mean we should pity her the poor girl! I mean really!!!!! It's ok. I have really loved working on this production. The talented people in this show motivate me to do a better job.

No comments: