Saturday, November 1, 2008

Do I Hear a Break?

Is it true? Did I really sleep for 10 hours last night? Am I really getting two days off from my hectic rehearsal schedule and life?
I guess not really. I have two huge projects that I should be working on, and trying to wrap m brain around. Yet, I really need a break. I just need to take a moment and breathe and suck in the wonderful idea that I will not be working on any websites. I will not be rehearsing. I will not be driving around. I'm just going to take a big deep breath, and enjoy this wintery rainy day - and take in fall.

Rehearsal for Waltz has been spectacular. I know I haven't really said much about the process mostly because it has been so short, and because with the week off for Hawaii, all my energy has been focuses towards the production. The theatre is only 99 seat house, we have no mics, the sets are looking great, and most of all, the cast is so incredibly talented. It's such a pleasure and an honor to share the stage with these folks. Their talent and dedication has really inspired my creative talent. For one, I want to do a really good job to match their choices. Two, I've always felt like I've lacked creative-ness that I behave more like a monkey. Just do whatever you're told. This cast has really let my creative brain get worked, and I've actually come up with a lot of funny one liners - at least subconsciously. It's a real treat to play the dumb blonde trophy wife - character part for a change. Granted, I'll never trade my love sick, in turmoil and with character arch characters. Yet, after Maria and after Kim, this is a nice break.

No comments: