Monday, July 21, 2008

Another day in New York

My whirl-windy life is spinning to a close with only one more weekend of West Side Story left. It’s been a gradual withdrawal since we, work work work - open. Then we have a few days off in between the show and the pick-up rehearsal, and then we have days off in between the 2nd weekend and the last. Then I’ll say farewell to my beloved show and cast to start working on the next show which is Patient A.

Patient A will be a small production in SF for one weekend in September. It’s about a 22 year old girl who contracts Aids through her dentist in the 1980s. The last play I did was Crimes of the Heart in ’05, and I decided to do this production because the story really intrigued me. We go into rehearsal August 3rd, and I’m supposed to be memorized by the 25th of August. That is about a month away and I have pages and pages of monologues that I better get cracking on. (sigh) I’ve just been so focused on West Side Story and getting the singing and acting perfect that it’s been hard to think about anything else. I think this week I’m going to start shifting my focus just for a second.

No comments: