Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow.

I’m sore, and I am getting worse as time passes on. HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

I mean, I snowboarded all day on Saturday. I woke up sore on Sunday and proceeded to sit my ass down for the entire day on Sunday, but I woke up sorer today? By this logic, I work out – get sore. I sit on my ass- get sore. Shouldn’t I be receiving the same type of fitness benefits for sitting and working out? It makes sense to me.

We left on Friday afternoon in dreary weather to be greeted with Sunshine and ice-bit air on Friday evening. I soon discovered that there are essentially two kinds of snow weather. The snow weather in April and the snow weather in January. We’re talking a 20- 30 degree difference!!

I wore sweats, three layers, snow pants, snow jacket, gloves, and wool socks (thanks to ash!), and you walked outside –insta bone freeze. So, note to self – get thermals. Really, get your own cloths beverley. Some day – when I’m rich and famous.

Ashley is much better than me. She has been trying to teach me a few skills, but I don’t listen. I just barrel down the hill screaming and hope that I don’t crash into the lodge. Luckily, I didn’t take anyone else. As long as you don’t count getting off the lift because I did take Ash out twice, and I held on to some stranger’s arm and made him take me to the top of the bunny slope. Thanks dude.

Learning to snowboard is so discouraging, but it can be fun…. Until the hotshots come out to play on the bunny slope, and they come so close to you and kick snow in your face, so, you fall flat on your ass, again. That’s alright hotshot you snowboard down as fast as you can, but you’re 10…. After this, I’m gonna drive home and drink a beer. So THERE!

1 comment:

ashley said...

Oh...Bev...you flatter me so...
If I am so good...why am I still in pain four days later?