Thursday, January 3, 2008

Sick.

I brought in 2007 with a cold that knocked me off my feet. If you look at all the New Year’s pictures, I look completely and utterly intoxicated, but no. I just had a fever, and I scarfed down food that cost 200 dollars without tasting a single bite. A lot of that food looked suspect, so, being congested worked in my favor.

Now, I have brought a cold into 2008, but I am determined to shake it before it gets to the point that I’m snuggling up with Nightquil and mucus. At first, I thought it was just in my throat, but I realized soon after that my brain has been affected as well. Yesterday, I think I said, “I feel like I’m counting my petties.” Instead of saying, “I feel like I’m counting my pennies.” Is my intelligence really regressing that drastically? No, it’s gotta be the cold. It’s just gotta.

How should I remedy this?

I absolutely agree with you, coffee.

Coffee is sososososoosososososososoos good, and it makes my heart smile at the mere thought of drinking a nice smooth cup of coffee.  I yearn for the day that I can work remotely in a small café across the world drinking a nice cup of coffee, as I tell you of my travels.

See the type of dreams my brain is concocting in my delirious sickie state?

3 comments:

ashley said...

Five Diet Cokes a day keeps the doctor away...thats what I always say...down by the bay...

Jonathan Beckett said...

Stay AWAY from the diet coke. It contains aspartane, which is extremely toxic.

I think your idea about writing stories in coffee shops is a fantastic one. I would love to lead that life too.

Katy said...

I have been so awfully sick since December 21st. I have Bronchitis, and I can't stop coughing. They say it takes 2-3 weeks to go away...and I'm on a freakin 2 week break from work and wasting it! So mad. On New Years Eve I was throwing up and it was terrible. Seems like everyone is sick...but I hope you feel better soon! :)