Friday, January 4, 2008

S-E-ohmygoshican'tsayit......

You know the part in just about EVERY moving where the lead girl kisses the lead dude? I, nine times out of ten, turn my head.

There are even a few movies that I have seen in which the kissing leads to OTHER activities, and I am either crawled up in a little ball in my chair, so far snuggled into whoever is sitting next to me it’s difficult to breathe or I am seriously begging the inside of my body to stay inside my skin.

The mere thought of writing about THE subject gives my stomach a whirl, but today, it can not be avoided, and I am blessed to have a prepubescent vocabulary including words like: it, hook-up, nookie, make-out, the-deed, etc. to help me out.

I might as well just blurt it out: I have a hickey.

I know what you’re thinking, and no, I’m no longer in high school, and yes, I am, in fact, in my mid-twenties and in a serious relationship.

THE WORST part about the whole thing is that we didn’t… I didn’t even… I. Um….how do I say this? Vocabulary-you’re not helping…. Anyway. So yeah, we didn’t. We were in the kitchen, and pash started to tease me – saying he was going to give me a hickey.

I responded with: no – stop – pasha, I’m serious – stop it! ARRGGH – fine, do it – YES, I’m kidding!!! (I was trying to use reverse psychology.) Seriously, this little flirtatious escapade lasted all of 20 seconds right before we sat down for dinner, but just long enough to leave a tiny little red mark that I did not happen to see until I was at work already washing my hands in the bathroom. Did I really REALLY have to pick out the RED sweater to wear today? It only accentuates the wonderful red coloration in my neck!

So, I’m here at work.. red sweater, red hickey and a dark black scarf I have worn all day. Inside. Oh, did I tell you? I’m going to my honorary family’s house for the night to celebrate Christmas.

2 comments:

ashley said...

Um...I seem to remember a certain sister of mine who would TORTURE her boyfriend in high school by COVERING his neck in hickeys just for the joy of leaving her mark...
Karma is a bitch

Beverley Viljoen said...

I didn't know you had TWO sisters...