Saturday, December 22, 2007

I Made It to Florida in One Piece

Remember the days when you could sit at the gate with your loved one until their flight took off? There you could tearfully watch their plane depart, and linger at the door gate for seconds more after their departure. Oh, and remember when picking people up from the airport included a joyful hello right at the moment you stepped off that forsaken plane? I think I miss that the most because only everyone in the world knows just how awful it is to sit on a plane -even for 45 min.

Being able to walk into the gate area with all your cloths on is a close second though. I guess my suspect sweatshirt must be screened because someone has found a way to sew some of something dangerous into the thread of my clothing, and only unsuspecting ME would be wearing that sweatshirt. I'm looking forward to the day where we all have to wear airport onesies, and instead of 3-1-1 (liquid rules) signs splashed all over the place, we'll see: arrive one hour early to change into your airplane onesies.

After I managed to make it through the hose down of the security checkpoint and put all my cloths back on, I made it to the gate to sit and wait for an hour. In my favor, I sat in a window next to two normal sized people, but I did struggle with my usual pass out. I usually can instantaneously fall asleep on a plane, but this time, my knee started aching and I could not get comfortable. Is this a sign of my age? I did manage to fall asleep, but my eyes STRUGGLED to open when the landing annoucement came on at approxiametly 7:10am EST.

WHA? I am NOT supposed to be awake this early. I forced my eyes to remain open eventhough the eye glue begged me to keep them shut. I got off the plane, and found my gate for the next plane and I managed to find the only drunk person in the entire city sitting right next to me.

I know! Who gets drunk at 8am in the morning? I mean REALLY??!?! As he began to run his mouth about all the famous people he knows, what it's like to travel all the time, leaving his wife for his new stewartest girlfriend whom he like to marry, the age of his military song that I would be PERFECT for, how he can upgrade me to first class and how he managed to get drunk at 8:00am in the morning, I slowly stared right through him begging BEGGING to board the plane. Lucky me, he's sitting right in front of me.

I managed to shake him when he started chatting up the blonde girl sitting next to him, so, I decided to put on my sweatshirt hood fully convinced that I would now be shielded by the invisibility property the hood provides. I quickly ducked out of the plane and ran towards the baggage claim to be greeted by the comfort of my family.

I'm looking forward to this holiday.

No comments: