Wednesday, September 19, 2007

No more Excuses, Missy!

I spend so much of my free time reading other people’s blogs and investing in other people’s creative abilities that I forget to invest in my own. This is why I decided…no more excuses…you are going to write your own blog today BEFORE you read all the gems out there in the universe, and you are going to stop living vicariously through others. So, here I am….fighting that the beautiful firefox icon down at the bottom of my screen….

I suppose this is the story of my life right now. I am being completely LAZY. Instead of moping around all weekend like a lamoface, I could have been indulging myself in all of the necessary activities that would make my life just a little bit easier right now.

I have two auditions this week – for both I am not prepared.

My friend Gianni and I are starring in our own cabaret show going up in two weeks, and I am struggling in a lot of the songs right now. Practice does not seem to make perfect this go around.

I am going into rehearsal for a show that is playing on Pasha’s birthday and his Christmas party – this I am trying to get excited about.

I am going to a wedding this weekend. AHA! I already got the wedding gift. YESSSS! However, I do have three birthdays that I have to prepare for and the Blue Angles party. All of these events are in the same week as the Cabaret show, and I have the Love Parade that week too.

Not to mention my house is DISGUSTING, and I have piles of laundry stacked higher than a college freshman’s.

Could I have done a lot of this over the weekend? Yes! What did I do instead? I watched about 8 hours of That’s so Raven, and I hung out with Rachael Ray and Ingrid on the Food Network.

Then I want to know why I am barely making the mediocre status in life, and living in a complete and utter pig-sty of a place called home?

On the up side, Rachael did teach me how to make this amazing Chicken Stoup! It is very easy and very relaxing. Plus, it was scrumptious. Pasha must have enjoyed it because he ate a whole bowl while we were watching De Ja Vu. It was a good movie, but now I’m going to get The Office Season 3, which I’ve been waiting three months for that to come out on video.

The Office Season 3 means that I will make two more excuses as to why I have not prepared for my auditions, and my house will remain a disgusting infirmary breeding bacteria. At least I’ll be laughing.

Oh, That’s So Beverley.

2 comments:

ashley said...

I assume that the last line is supposed to be sung like miss raven does.

Beverley Viljoen said...

yes, you're right...but beverley doesn't quite fit.