Thursday, September 20, 2007

My 4 meme

I've been tagged by Suz. I must submit...

Unfortunately, my answers are not that interesting.


4 Jobs You’ve Had

1. I started my working career in retail at Pier One Imports when I was in high school, but just as any teenager tired of working would do, I got my honorary sister to call by boss pretending to be my mom saying I was too ill to come to work. Too bad the manager on duty at the time was in band with Ashley, and she caught on to our wheelings and dealings really fast. Needless to say, I quit not too much longer after that.

2. After that job, I moved on to Eriks Deli Cafe only for a SPLIT second of time, where I stood at a counter and took orders. Lukcily, I didn't have to make the sandwiches. You would not believe the amount of strange unwanted attention I would recieve. Some phone calls sounded like this:

"Hey, You took my order a couple of hours ago. Wanna go out?"
"Um," inner mon: Are you kidding? I'm 16, and I have NO IDEA who you are, and I'm kinda creeped out right now that you had to go through all this effort to look up the Cafe's phone number. Plus you assumed I would remember you.

3. The best job I ever had was in college; I was a bar-glass-collector-wine-and-champaign pourer at the Yacht Club for people's weddings. Well, it was for all kinds of parties, but mostly people's weddings. I LOVED listening to all that cheesy music over and over and over and over again. Plus, I had drunken guests begging me to dance even though I was dressed in a penguin suite , and I looked like a man. I even got to sing with the band once...that was crazy. I felt bad for that poor bride and groom. They were probably thinking, "I did not sign up for this."

4. Then I graduated college, and started working for a real estate company called Cushman & Wakefield. There I gained 15 pounds.

4 Films I Could Watch Again and Again

1. "The Princess Bride" - A couple of years ago, I could recite the whole thing.

2. "The Bird Cage" - It's so funny.

3. "Lilo and Stitch"

4. "Pride and Prejudice" BBC version

4 TV Shows I Watch

1. The Office - Please please please please please watch this. The episode where Dwight "can't find his desk" made me pee in my pants with laughter. (not really, but almost) I seriously had to press pause to finish laughing, and then continue to watch it. I can't even describe the hilarity that is The Office.

2. 24 - I try not to watch this at night any more...it gives me nightmares.

3. That's so Raven - Do not judge. It is very funny and Raven is crazy.

4. Anything on the Disney Channel. (Please do not mistake my tastes as license to assume that I would be a great babysitter. Just trust me on this one.)



4 Places I Have Lived


1. Jo-burg, South Africa (The first two years of my life COUNTS)

2. San Jose, CA

3. Rohnert Park, CA

4. San Francisco, CA

4 Favorite Foods

1. Italian Pastas

2. Chicken Fajitas

3. Cheese Fondue

4. Trader Joe's Jo Jo's

4 Websites I Visit Everyday


1. Gmail

2. Yahoo

3. hanson.net

4. Google

4 of my Favorite Colors

1. Red

2. Purple

3. Brown

4. Blue

4 Places I’d LIke to be Right Now

1. Italy

2. England

3. Spain

4. Australia

4 Names I Like But Wouldn’t or Couldn’t Use Myself

1. Jack - I would really like to use this name, but Pasha refuses to name his children after television shows. I told him that I'm sure his wife will be ok with that, but not me. :)

2. Ralph ----hahahhahaha ok, I hate this name, but it makes me laugh. Say it out loud 5 times fast, and tell me what it makes you think of.

3. Jamie - I just couldn't ever use this name. If my child ever saw my college diary...it just wouldn't go over well.

4. I can't say it.... I've always wanted to name my kids something completely and utterly inappropriate and derogatory just to see the reaction on the kindergarten teacher's face when I bring him or her into the classroom. I mean really, how would a teacher handle that? How would the teacher call roll? Oh, and the KIDS! HA What would they do?"

"Ms. Susie, Mommy says I am not allowed to say the word !@@#@#$#$@%@#$^, but what do I call !@@#$@%@'s?"
"That is @#@#$#@%@#$%@$%'s NAME!!"

It's too cruel. I couldn't and wouldn't do it. I don't want my child to get beat up...

No comments: