Monday, September 24, 2007

Days of Our Weekend...

Today is feeling like a time warp.
I had so many events happen this weekend, I don't know what to tell you about. Do you want to know about Kiss Me Kate and how it took Pash and I three hours to get to Alameda? Plus my ex's best friend got to meet my new main squeeze? Do you want to hear about my friends wedding, and how Pash drank too much wine? Oh! How about the Now and Zen fest that Pash was too hung over to attend. It worked out because I directly ran into my ex, and I really would have tripped over my introductions. How random. This world is too small.

Let's go with a safe story. :)

On Sunday night after rehearsal, I almost died. I was driving down Franklin in San Francisco, and this street is three lanes wide. I'm all the way in the right hand lane, when all of a sudden, a car going at least 60 mph turns onto Franklin cutting across the two lanes and pouring into the third. Almost directly into me. I swerved a little, but I had to avoid the parked cars. The bright lights were almost blinding, and the screeching caused me to braise for the impact. 30 seconds later, I realized that the car did indeed race passed me leaving me unscathed, and I was now traveling 20 mph with my eyes closed. Shaking, I grabbed my steering wheel not fully realizing that I had let go of it, and I watched the four cop cars chase the get away car.

I arrived home to a hung-over Pasha sitting on the couch watching The Office. I told him the story, however, he was plagued with the alcohol curse and wasn't very interested in the fact I almost died. However, he called me this morning and said, "Did you say you almost died last night?"

Ha. Late is better than never.

No comments: