Thursday, August 30, 2007

Horrible horrible horrible...whatever

It really is truly amazing how fast your sarcastic whit can dry up when you are feeling irate. Its also amazing how quickly fantastic one-in-a-million blog ideas flee your brain before you can even finish thinking about actualizing the idea. I’m also surprised how fast you can feel like you’re on top of the world to feeling like this world is the worst. Really Beverley, events should not have this much control over your moods. Its true. Change is good right? I mean if it isn’t…then you’ll just change it so it is good… so then, what’s the problem? Ah. I’m so glad I talked to myself for a second. I feel much better.

Now, since I am at a point in my life that I like to call the “growing” years, there is one aspect about myself that I want…no, I need….no, that I MUST change…..seriously, this dropping business…it’s getting really old. I have this horrible, gosh, I don’t even know what to call it, horrible habit? Horrible genetic disorder that won’t allow me to fully close my hand around an object? Horrible hole in my lip? I have no idea…it’s just this THING I have. I drop everything.

When I moved into my best friends/sister house in high school, her family teased me all the time about it. I was called “the dropper.” I would open the fridge grab something, drop it on the floor, pick it up and then close the fridge. It was really a routine for me. I think I started bending down to pick, whatever it was at the time, before I even dropped it. At dinner, the dog used to lay at my feet because at least 25% of my meal was on my cloths, and then another 25% of my meal was on the floor. So, when I got up from the table, the dog made out like a bandit. Back then it was comical and some might consider it cute. These days, not so much.

I walk to work sometimes, and I like to stop at the best coffee shop in San Francisco and grab a cup to go. However, I have not yet made it one day with out spilling the damn coffee on my work cloths. So instead, I just go to work and drink the disgusting cup of coffee that they make at work that gives me the shakes because I think I can handle drinking coffee out of a cup. I do that everyday. NOT TODAY. So, now that I have three beautiful coffee stains all over my pants and then one on my shirt, I decide to go into the bathroom and take a little cold water and try to wash it out. Well, this was not one of my brightest of ideas because now I am sitting here at my desk looking like I peed in my pants and all down the side of my left leg, and the office must think that I’m practicing for a wet t-shirt contest cause the whole bottom part of my shirt is soaked. PLUS I can’t even tell if I got the damn stain to- be -out! I hope that I don’t have to print anything out or go check the fax machine because I don’t think I can handle the embarrassment. I seriously can not afford to have this horrible whatever anymore. I can not keep buying new cloths because I have stains all over them, and I can’t afford the embarrassment of washing them out on the spot.

Ok…new years resolution for 2008: no more dropping things. Hold them. I just gave myself a year and a half to get rid of this horrible…whatever it is. I’ll keep you posted.

2 comments:

ashley said...

Good Luck with that...dropper!
Haha

Katy said...

i have a major problem with bumping into things like doorways. i'd say about 25% of the time when i walk through a doorway i bump into the side. AM I THAT FAT?! i mean really. i think that maybe i just want to cut corners a bit but end up with my shoulder not quite making it through with the rest of my body. oh well.