Thursday, September 16, 2010

Are you tired of my academic artsy fartsy thoughts about theater and theater school?

It's ok, you can be honest.

I'll save my thoughts on the acting exercise we did today, Bert Williams, and George M. Cohan for later posts.

I thought today would be an appropriate day to introduce you to the news addition to our happy family! Meet Max.

Mr. Simpson really really really really really had to work on me to get this cute little puppy dog. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned how much dogs and I do not get along. I don't like the way they smell, drool, chew, bark, shed, and most of all LICK ME. I detest it. The thought of waking up to take care of a dog felt like the demise of our relationship. It's not like I didn't grow up with dogs. I had a dog named Rusty. My family and I were incredibly cruel to this poor dog making him be outside ALL the time, but I still tried. My sister even had a cute little puppy name Kiara that I tormented when she was little.

However, I have this amazing sweet little kitty whom I have mentioned, and Mr. Simpson is deathly allergic to her. He even agreed to take shots for her, although, he hasn't really gone through that process. I'm starting to realize that he used the shots as a ploy to get a dog. As soon as I buckled, he stopped getting the shots... Hmmm.... this is a realization I'm having right now at this moment.

Anyway, I started to feel like a household tyrant saying that we couldn't have a dog but he must suffer living with a cat. So, we started looking for a little puppy. A daunting task I forced myself to be a part of because I had to MAKE SURE that he was going to fit in and not kill the cat. The process to adopt turned out to be very difficult because we had to basically apply to the center and promise our lives away. We finally found Max, and took him home in March on a Thursday afternoon and he's been a part of our family ever since.

No comments: