Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Another thing about New York...

....is the distinct difference in gentleman-ness towards women here.

Walking home from the grocery store today I carried a cart full of groceries, my laundry, my purse and another plastic bags with eggs to keep them from getting crushed when some gentleman pulls his car over and offers to help me carry my stuff to my door. He said, "Need any help? I'm just trying to be a gentleman?" Granted I know it was only because he thought highly of my womanly features because when I replied no thank you and yes, I'm sure I'm fine to his many reattempts to help, he says, "You take care of your pretty self." Smiling and flattered I walked away thinking - if a guy thought I was hot walking down the street in San Francisco, I'd be lucky to get a horn honk and a screaming -"Hey Baby"

1 comment:

Katy said...

I encountered the most kindness from strangers ever while living in NY! :)