Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I almost killed a pedestrian today.

And if I had, he would have TOTALLY deserved it! I’m serious…

I’m juggling so many balls these days, and it’s causing the huge amounts of stress. This morning I woke up with a laundry list of items that I must accomplish before I get to work today:
I had to pack stuff for the snow, fit it in the car, realize that it’s gonna show in the car so I can’t have it on the street all day, so I have to drive to work, where am I going to park?, oh, don’t forget the sewing machine, then I have to make sure I have my resume and my headshot, my make –up, directions to the new audition location, send my homework in on time, and coffee!! BRING THE COFFEE!

Once I finally settled into the car, feeling extremely aggravated, I drove off to work with my friend and her sister in the car. We were headed down Columbus Street, it’s 8:00am in the morning, we’re amongst the San Francisco commuter traffic and some little dude begins to stroll into the traffic. ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?!

Seriously, dude, you can’t just step into the street into on coming traffic just because you have this neat little orange vest with light reflectors dressing up your outfit. I saw that exact same vest at Wal-mart the other day, and you don’t see me walking around the streets of San Francisco wearing it around thinking I OWN the place…cause you don’t. I have a car. Car hits person. Car wins! I trump you! I don’t care about your stupid little vest especially since you’re driving around a big truck delivering bakery goods! I know my rights, and I KNOW that I don’t have to yield to a bakery deliverer wearing a neon vest!

Ok! So THERE!

2 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

I ride a bicycle to work - did you know that sitting upon a bicycle renders you invisible to car drivers?

Also, when you appear for a fleeting moment, you are a target.

Beverley Viljoen said...

Yes, I walk to work, so I can RELATE, but I do NOT walk in front of cars just for the sheer pleasure!