Monday, November 12, 2007

Flames of Target

Target shopping on Sunday at 1:30pm is hell on earth.

I should have known better. I did re-read my last Target post, but yet I still braved it. First of all, WHY WHY WHY WHY does it take 20 minutes to get to a Target from San Francisco? Yes, the real estate is probably very expensive, but people shop at Target!!!! People are going to spend all their money at this lovely store because it has EVERYTHING! You need a camera? got it. Mossimo cloths? got it. Hair shampoo? check. Box of cereal? yes. Birthday cards? birthday presents? office supplies? nice furniture for bedroom bathroom or kitchen? How about some cheap furniture? OH! Don't forget all the stuff you need for your car! Tv's, movies, books! What's your store - Target!

Sometimes, it's not worth the battle.

When I arrived, the zoo at the parking lot deceived me because sometimes parking lots can be super busy, but no one is in the store. NOT THIS TIME. I get my cart outside with my special list. Pasha and I are hosting a Thanksgiving dinner at my house with my parents and some other friends this year. In preparation, I wrote out a list. The special list included all of the items on the menu, and then I wrote out all the food items we needed in two categories: Early and Fresh. All of the early items were purchased yesterday, and the fresh items will be purchased right before Thanksgiving. Next to each item, is the name of the store that it will be purchased. This list spanned over two pages.

I put the list at the front of my cart, and put the LAST BOTTLE OF Biolage volumizer shampoo in the cart with the conditioner next to it. The isles were so packed one person could barley walk down let alone a person and a cart. So, to get the toothpaste- I put the cart at the end of the isle and walked half way down. When I got back to my cart, GONE! Shampoo, conditioner AND MY SPECIAL LIST! WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?! Cursing to get a new cart, I noticed there were no more carts left for the taking, apparently this means free range. If you need a cart, and people have stuff in it... WHO CARES?! No one's hands are directly on it..it MUST be available for taking. GRRRRRRRRRR.

Luckily, I printed out two copies of the list. One for me, and one for Pasha.
I swear, today, I hate Target.

1 comment:

Jonathan Beckett said...

That's just plane rude. Suddenly I thank the stars that I live in England, where everybody says sorry for everything, and people don't dream of doing things without asking.