Friday, October 19, 2007

Right or Left Brained?

I had a whole post about how my thwarted parking ambitions brought me to a fit of angry tears, and even recounting the event yesterday boiled my blood. But then I met my nemesis. Here she is...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Thank you very very much News Person.

So, tell me, which way is she going?
If you see her going clockwise, you're mostly right brained.
If you see her going counter-clockwise, you're mostly left brained. She is an optical illusion, and you can get her to go both ways.

UNLESS YOU ARE BEVERLEY, and you can only get her to go clockwise.... it was mildly irritating, but I did finally get her to go left. Then I showed Pasha, and I couldn't get her to go left, and he couldn't get her to go right. I think I am just going to watch The Office now.... I'll come back, and see how you're doing.

4 comments:

Beverley Viljoen said...

*Update

I figured out a way to make her go left instantly. I look at her shadow and say in my head... "It's a foot"

It worked. Now she goes counter. It's so strange.

Jonathan Beckett said...

Immediately she was going clockwise for me - until I looked at the reflection - then I got her to go counterclockwise.

I had trouble seeing her going clockwise again after that.

Beverley Viljoen said...

I learned on Saturday that the 98 % of people that are right handed are left brained.

Katy said...

I AM FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!!! the dancer keeps changing directions! what's wrong with me?! I found this crazy video that is blowing my mind-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvVfcyVCdNA&eurl=http://www.genderlife.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/250322/page/0/fpart/3/fpart/all